Best of Chile from Atacama to Patagonia - Classic Group, 2023
Best Of Chile From Atacama To Patagonia – Classic Group, 2023
Journey across Chile on an immersive two-week adventure, from Santiago set against the snow-capped Andes to the UNESCO protected sites of Valparaíso and the llama farms of Torres del Paine. Wine connoisseurs will be in their element at the Kingston Family Vineyard where a private Casablanca Valley Wine Tasting uncorks the finest local tipples-including regional Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. In Torres del Paine, join the Patagonia Ranch cultural experience and see the world through the eyes of your local baqueano guides-the cowboy descendants of horsemen who came to work the ranches over a century ago. In Atacama, journey 14,000 feet up into the Andes for a dip in the Puritama Hot Springs before an evening of stargazing under the crystal-clear skies of the Chilean desert.
- Santiago: In the evening meet your Travel Director and fellow guests at the hotel, where you’ll enjoy a delicious Welcome Dinner while getting to know some of your new travel companions.
- Lunch at El Galeon: Enjoy lunch at El Galeon restaurant, located in the heart of the “Central Market,” Santiago’s main market for fish and seafood.
- Torres del Paine: After a day exploring, join your Travel Director and new friends as you toast to your travels at a Celebration Dinner with wine.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfast (B), 1 Dinner (D), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), 3 Lunch (L), 2 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- El Tatio Geysers: Our journey to the Altiplano starts in the early hours, just in tie to watch the sun rise in one of the most important geothermic fields in the world: the El Tatio Geysers. There are over 70 geysers with pools of boiling water spurting vapor and its best to see them first thing in the morning, so you can truly appreciate the beautiful contrast of colours between the intensely blue sky and the pristine vapor from the geysers. You will then enjoy a well-deserved breakfast in this amazing setting, in the shadows of the Andes. Take a moment to warm up as the temperatures in the zone can range from -2°C to 24.5°C (28°F to 76° F). On you way back to San Pedro de Atacama, you will travel through beautiful landscapes, seeing the valleys, flora and fauna, and maybe even spotting some of the local vicunas and vizcachas – a real highlight.
- Atacama Salt Flats: Explore the Atacama Salt Flats, the largest in Chile. One of the driest parts of the world, the area stretches for over 40,000 square miles (103,600 square kilometres). View the nearby volcanoes, and keep your eyes open for species of wild birds including the Andean and James flamingos on the shores of the Chaxa, Miscanti and Minque Lagoons.
- Torres del Paine: This afternoon, join a Patagonian Ranch Cultural Experience and learn about the baqueano (cowboy) way of life. Many of these local cowboys are the descendants of horsemen who came to work ranches in this remote region more than a century ago. During your time with them, you will learn about their special clothing, saddles and other horse tack. You’ll also be shown how to properly saddle a horse, nail a horseshoe and of course how to ride. Enjoy a Yerba mate tea with them while chatting about Patagonian culture.
Top Rated Highlight
- Valparaiso Visit: Begin your day with a visit to the coastal city of Valparaiso. Explore the UNESCO protected site with a Local Expert as you discover its church-dotted hillsides and unique ampitheatre-like layout.
- Moon Valley Visit: Head to the Moon Valley for a guided visit. A nod to its name, this moon-like area is made up of dunes, caves and caverns.You’ll learn more about its history and the land formations from a Local Expert.
- Santiago City Tour: On arrival, take a tour of the city with a Local Expert. Discover its Neoclassical landmarks including the 18th century Metropolitan Cathedral, vibrant Central Market, and San Cristobal Hill.
- Balmeceda and Serrano Glacier Cruise: Cruise on the Ultima Esperanza Gulf to admire the beauty of the Serrano glacier and the glacier Balmaceda, part the southern ice fields and home to some of the most impressive sites of the region.
- Torres del Paine National Park Scenic Drive: Take a scenic drive to Torres del Paine National Park, with plenty of scenic photo stops along the way. The park is situated in Chile’s Patagonia region and is famous for its glaciers, grasslands, imposing mountains and the three granite towers it is named after. The park is also part of UNESCO’s Biosphere Reserve System, known for its rare wildlife.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacat…
Arrive in Santiago
Valparaiso and the Casablanca Wine Country
On to Atacama
Atacama Salt Flats
Atacama to Santiago
On to Puerto Natales
Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers Excursion
Torres del Paine National Park
Sightseeing in Torres del Paine
Back to Santiago